#1 23-04-2018 09:29:57

Fengjingye
Suite

www.airmaxshoesmens.com

NAIROBI Nike Air Max 1 Sale Outlet , Jan. 15 (Xinhua) -- Kenya's Edna Kiplagat is ready to throw everything to get the marathon medal she covets in Rio Olympic Games.

The 35-year-old has just returned to training after two months sabbatical leave.

She will seek to dust off her rust on Saturday as she competes at the Kenya Police Cross Country Championships in Nairobi, before heading to Europe for one more road race.

"My mind is focused on the Olympics and that is why I did not compete in New York or Chicago. I wanted to rest. But I have to train harder to make the team and I know running at the London Marathon in April will not be easy. It is there that the Kenya team will be selected," she said Friday from Eldoret.

Kiplagat, the former two time World marathon champion is also frustrated by the organizers of the World Marathon Majors (WMM) who have not honoured her with 1 million U.S. dollars as prize money for the event after her rivals who beat her to the heist, Russia's Liliya Shobukhova and Rita Jeptoo of Kenya were banned for doping in the last past seasons.

Shobukhova beat Kiplagat to scoop the 500,000 dollars series jackpot in 20102011 Nike Air Max Sale Outlet , and the Kenyan runner finished second in the rankings to compatriot Rita Jeptoo in 20132014.

"I am not getting younger and this would have done me a great deal. That is why I have stopped everything to focus on the Olympics. The money is good, but they have not awarded me the same since," she said.

In the wake of her failed attempt to make it three world championships gold in a row, as she came fifth in Beijing in August, Kiplagat has immersed herself in training and is certain to emerge stronger to contest the gold medal in Rio.

Kiplagat has no automatic ticket to Rio and must fight for her slot against Berlin Marathon champion Gladys Cherono, Chicago winner Florence Kiplagat Air Max 95 Sale Outlet , New York winner Mary Keitany among others in London in April.

It illustrates the strength in depth of the African nation on the roads, as well as track, and it could be a precursor for what promises to be an intense battle to merely earn be selected for the Olympic Games.

"It's difficult to get that chance to compete for Kenya at the Olympics. But it is a challenge worth taking. My plan is to be to run a good marathon because it's so difficult in Kenya to get selected," Kiplagat admitted.

In 2012 Olympic Games, Kiplagat finished a disappointing 20th coming in between her two world championships wins. Enditem

by Gao Shan

LOS ANGELES, Sept. 3 (Xinhua) -- Black Air Max 90 Sale Outlet , dusty ash covers the hillsides. The grass, shrubs and trees are burnt to scarred charcoal. Clouds of white smoke are seen from miles (kilometers) away before blowing over the valley.

A fast-moving wildfire has torn through La Tuna Canyon near Burbank, Los Angeles County in the western U.S. state of California, since this Friday, charring thousands of acres (thousands of hectares).

Governor Jerry Brown of California on Sunday issued an emergency proclamation for Los Angeles County in response to the massive wildfire on the northern edge of Los Angeles. It came at the urging of Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, who said that the fire is the largest by acreage in the city's history.

At one point the fire was estimated at 8 Air Max 1 Sale Outlet ,000 acres (3,200 hectares), but later on Saturday night fire officials issued a revised estimate of about 7,000 acres (2,800 hectares).

However, strong winds presented new challenges to firefighters battling the blaze Air Max Sale Outlet , which has grown to 7,003 acres (2,801 hectares), with 30 percent containment, according to the latest update of alerts by 8:00 pm local time Saturday (0300 GMT Sunday) of the Los Angeles Fire Department.

Fire engines have rushed to the scene of massive blazes while fixed-wing airtankers and helicopters are hovering in the sky. Those aircraft continue water and retardant drops to help more than 1,000 firefighters who are battling the wildfire amid severe heatwave.

There are 206 fire engines Nike Air Max 95 Mens Sale , nine helicopters, five water tenders, four bulldozers and nine ambulances dedicated to fighting the fire, according to the Los Angeles Fire Department. ( Garcetti welcomed the state of emergency declared in Los Angeles County by Brown. The mayor vowed on Saturday to direct relevant departments in the City of Los Angeles to take all necessary steps to protect life and property in the area affected by the fire and urged that state and federal assistance should be provided to the city as quickly as possible.

Local residents gave firefighters, no matter which city they are from, a warm welcome and praised them as heroes.

"Firefighters are doing their work. They are brave men. They are risking their lives for helping us Nike Air Max 90 Mens Sale ," said Jim Becerra, a man in his thirties living near La Tuna Canyon Road.

Becerra was watering the lawn and shrubs beside his home, trying to cool down the temperature to prevent the outbreak of a fire nearby.

Hundreds meters away, several firefighters were dousing the hot spots on brush fire near a hillside.

"I was scared by this wildfire especially, because I live here," Becerra told Xinhua Nike Air Max 1 Mens Sale , "but I feel comfortable right now for the moment. I trust those firefighters. They are still working very hard to keep us safe."

There were two firefighters taken to hospitals during the second day of the fire for heat-related illnesses. A total of four firefighters were treated, three for heat-related illnesses and one for burns, Los Angeles Fire Department Chief Ralph Terrazas was quoted as saying by the City News Service.

All evacuation orders were lifted Sunday evening due to the progress made by firefighters. < "We've turned a corner today, but this is still not over," said Garcetti at a news briefing Sunday.

"There are still embers that are smoldering and these strong winds could move those embers and help them to reignite," he warned.

Pied de page des forums

Créez Votre Propre Forum
Insérer vos Graphiques
Dictionnaires de Traduction
Hébergé par ForumCrea.com